Room booking in Outlook
Reserve meeting rooms, projectors, and catering in line with your current processes
Automate complex room and resource bookings
Bookings that go beyond the norm – whether its room reservations, catering bids, resources such as projectors and flip charts, or internal approval processes – can quickly overwhelm Microsoft Outlook. This leads to endless emails, follow-up questions, missing or incorrect bookings, and a lot of work for the those involved.
The eTASK.SmartReservation add-in for Microsoft Outlook offers your users a way to reserve meeting rooms with all the additional internal or external
services such as catering, equipment, or seating using the appointment scheduler in Outlook. Lead times and cancellation deadlines are also taken into account in the approval process. A flood of manually-processed emails and follow-ups is replaced with a guided, automated, and efficient booking process.
- Completely browser-based, with no local installation
- Independent of operating system and device
- Plenty of flexibility in defining your processes and rules
- Room and user permissions
- Define resources available for each room
- Resource bookings independent of room bookings (optional)
- Cost invoicing for room rental and catering
Our Software users include
Manage and utilize rooms more efficiently
Increase the capacity of your meeting rooms without additional construction
Clear management portal for administration and evaluation
In the portal, you can perform tasks relating to the administration of rooms, resources, and catering in addition to booking rooms themselves. Booking, cancellation, and delivery deadlines are transparently configured, along with approval scenarios and assigning responsible parties. Practical overviews such as the booking calendar, comprehensive evaluation reports on your bookings, and the ability to create working lists (such as catering), help you keep an eye on the big picture at all times.
Double booking eliminated
Double booking meeting rooms and any additional room resources (such as flip charts, projectors) is eliminated with eTASK SmartReservation. Availability is automatically and thoroughly checked during booking and rebooking.
Functions and Features
- Intuitive operation that aligns with your processes
- Rooms suggested based on what is required
- Easily book rooms and resources directly as an Outlook appointment
- Additional windows in Outlook, external applications, and browser form-fills not required
- Double bookings are not allowed, and a canceled appointment automatically cancels the room booking
- Assigning room barcodes and applying match codes can be done directly on a computer (during initial inventory, for example)
- Automated communication with everyone involved in the booking, including catering, seating, and other services
- Control of digital door signs and displays
- Various software interfaces for incorporating data from third-party systems such as SAP
- Completely browser-based and operating-system independent, with no local installation required
- Plenty of flexibility in defining your processes, rules, and approval processes, with optional room or user-based settings
- Define resources available for each room
- Option to book resources independent of a room booking
- Set up connected rooms with automated booking of all sub-spaces
- Room rental and catering deposits, with the option of assigning a cost center
Download detailed Information (PDF)
- Product features
Booking without Outlook
Your organization doesn’t use Outlook, or you’d prefer not to use the add-in? No problem! The online eTASK.SmartReservation portal provides you with an alternative booking method with full functionality. Reservations can be made by each registered user on the browser-based portal. The Outlook add-in and the online portal can be used in tandem with no limitations.
Maintain an overview and save money
A functional room booking tool saves employees from the tedious booking processes of the past. We’ve collected valuable experience with our customers to assess how much time and effort can be saved with a good room booking solution, and have created a tool to calculate your return on investment in just a few minutes. Use the contact form to ask about a “room booking ROI analysis.” After submitting your information, you’ll receive an assessment of the return custom-made for your organization.
Start today, book tomorrow
Setting up eTASK room booking products is quick and easy. We take care of the installation and setup of your booking portal, including the databank on the sever, in just a few hours. Then it’s your turn to add your rooms and resources. We are happy to help incorporate your processes into the system and provide on-site training for your admins.
Our customer: Bayer Vital
Comprehensive CAFM for 50,000 square meters with 1,000 workspaces, 13,000 inventory objects, 3,000 service tickets and 12,000 room reservations per year.
eTASK room booking
Advantages at a glance
- Intuitive booking in Outlook
- Your rules, processes, and deadlines
- Book resources and services at the same time
- Suitable and available rooms at a glance
- Automated communication
- Save time every day
T: +49 2203 92538-16